Wednesday, October 9, 2013

rainy days (and chanterelle tacos)

After a week of hot and dry Santa Ana winds, a day of rain was a welcome reprieve. Gloomy weather always makes me want to curl up in a blanket with a something hot and watch movies. Though I didn't get a chance to do that today, winter in soCal will bring lots more rain, so I'm sure I'll get the chance again.

rainy days are great for steaming bowls of [red bean and mochi] soup

Instead, I figured out that in my haste to apply to ALL THE JOBS, I applied to one in Florida instead of their California campus, and they were the ones who called back to offer me an interview. Go figure. As soon as I hung up, I immediately went back to their website and filtered for California only openings. I'll be sure to look at the location of those positions very closely from now on...


These cute little chanterelle tacos were not exactly rainy weather fare, but delicious nonetheless; I only wish I had made a bit more, since I gobbled them up in about five minutes flat. I very loosely followed Heidi's recipe from Super Natural Every Day, so I basically just sautéed some onion, garlic, chile pepper, and sliced chanterelles, and sprinkled with salt and oregano. For the taco itself, I layered the mushrooms with a slice of avocado and some shredded kale. Heidi also suggested some parmesan or cotija to top it off, but I was too lazy to find my microplane, and went without. It was still wonderful.

soft taco-sized flour tortillas meant cutting them into fourths for itty-bitty two-bite tacos

No comments: