Sunday, October 13, 2013

diy round-up

I've been clicking around the web this entire weekend and ended up adding a bunch of new blogs to my feed, and bookmarking a handful of DIY crafts.  Some of them are just so awesome that I felt bad keeping them to myself. Seriously, you might just squeal from the adorable.


1) Recycled Denim Whale: This stuffed animal is just too cute for words. Not to mention I have so many old pairs of holey (and right by the crotch, ugh) jeans that are collecting dust in my closet. Unfortunately, there is no template for all the pieces of fabric, but the tutorial is wonderfully detailed (with pictures!) to make things a little simpler. I'm thinking this might be a wonderful gift for a certain little someone with #66 of my list. I really can't get over how adorable this is. (via Valaan Villapaita)



2) Pacman Halloween Garland: Template included, and just in time for Halloween. I will definitely be making this, but not in garland form... Pictures will be up soon! (via mini-eco)


3) Halloween Chalk Art: I can't help it, I'm just super excited for October 31. This project doesn't have to be a DIY, but it does require a little bit a money instead. The Caravan Shoppe has these digital downloads of Halloween Chalk Art for $5 for a set of three designs (including this one), and they print into easy-peasy 36" x 48" posters. The DIY turns this already-awesome poster into a canvas wall hanging to make it doubly awesome. I, on the other hand, being the oddly complicated person that I am, decided to freehand this poster on to kraft paper with sharpie, to frame and display by the front door. (Phew, that sentence also had a lot of commas.) You can sneak a peek at the work in progress here. (via My Sister's Suitcase)


4) Kirigami Flowers: And one last non-Halloween DIY to round out the list. A bit like paper snowflakes, these are so easy to make, and just as pretty. These flowers can be used to fancy up a present, or strung together on a garland. I'm making up a stash just to have on hand for emergency situations. (via Omiyage Blogs)

No comments: