Tuesday, August 27, 2013

s'mores party

My high school friends and I do s'mores at least once a break.   They're usually just your average s'mores, made over a bunsen burner (so nerdy!), a bonfire at the beach, or the fire pit in my parent's backyard.  This time, though, I wanted to make it a little more exciting.


Coincidentally, the The Kitchn just had a post on a backyard s'mores party.  I made invitations, copied their toppings suggestions (minus the savory ones), decorated some skewers, brought out candles, and had a party.
the toppings table + candles

It turned out pretty awesome.  Next time, I'll include some homemade marshmallows, and maybe these s'mores brownies.

S'mores Shopping List:
honey graham crackers
jumbo marshmallows
peanut butter
nutella
lemon curd (Trader Joe's)
caramel sauce (also Trader Joe's)
apricot jam
strawberries
bananas
Ghirardelli chocolate (mint, dark, milk, white)
chocolate chip cookies
mini m&m cookies

No comments: