Saturday, July 16, 2016

CSA 2016 | Week 5

Recap of last week:
what's left: zucchini/squash, still lettuce, parsley, a cucumber, kohlrabi, 
good things: my recipe-less grilled garlic scape pizza turned out amazing. 
lessons learned: albondigas is so much more edible when you follow directions correctly and use 1 canned chipotle pepper instead of 1 can of chipotle peppers... 

Here's what came in my box this week. (no picture because I'm lazy and instead went to eat all the lobster rolls at my company picnic)

Basil - this first bunch is definitely going in to pesto. I'm also thinking about buying an additional 12 bunches from my farm to be able to stockpile jars of pesto in my freezer... 

Broccoli - I feel like I'm all frittered out, especially given how hot and humid it's been recently. Maybe it's finally time for some cool, refreshing slaw

Cucumbers & Dill - equals fridge pickles, obviously. The rest of the dill will probably just get dried and stored for future use. 

Eggplant - I didn't use my eggplant from last week since it was just a baby one. Now that I've got a good batch, it's time for these egg and eggplant pitas, which will also use up my jalapeno

Garlic & Onions - these'll go wherever necessary. And since they'll be fine for weeks just sitting on my counter, I'm not worried about using them up quickly 

Lettuce - the grilled caesar salad from last week knocked out an entire head. That seems the way to go. 

Purple beans - still in love with my grill pan, so I'm thinking these will be good grilled with some lemon and garlic

Squash - I bought a spiralizer! I feel like it's finally time to make some zucchini noodles (with pesto). On the other hand, I haven't touched the pattypan since they first arrived a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's time to just grill it with the purple beans and call it a day. 

1 comment:

Best panini press said...

Woah!I'am enjoying the reading this website. It's simple,yet effective.I must say you have done a very good job with this.Thanks for sharing.
panini presses