Saturday, July 9, 2016

CSA 2016 | Week 4

Recap of last week:
what's left: a couple turnips, one pattypan squash, a lot less lettuce than last time
good things: wild salmon was on sale so I bought 2 pounds and enjoyed every single bit.
lessons learned: don't be too lazy to bag the cilantro and stick it in the fridge.

Here's what came in my box this week.



Beets - I've been grilling up pizzas in my grill pan, and this scrambled egg and beet green one is just what I'm craving for dinner tonight. Wild-caught sockeye salmon is still on sale at Whole Foods this week, so I'm thinking it's finally time to make this beet-cured salmon.

Broccoli - still haven't made the slaw from the past two weeks. Instead, I made these fritters last week, and may will probably do it again this week.

Cucumbers - I made these cold spicy kimchi noodles a lot last week, and still have some kimchi left. Julienned cucumbers will definitely make their way in to that. The rest will probably just go in salads and spring rolls.

Fresh Garlic - eh, no specific plans

Kohlrabi - I've been eating so many fried things recently, but it's so good! I'm looking forward to these curried fries this week.

Lettuce - if I say salad enough times, will it actually happen? I've already grilled the chicken for this grilled caesar salad, so it seems like the odds are good.

Onions - I'm thinking maybe some mushroom, potato, and caramelized onion pierogi. Else there's always this creamed chard and spring onions.

Snap peas/eggplant - I'm not a big fan of snap peas, and since I already ate some last week, I didn't want any more. Instead, I'm trading them with my officemate for the eggplant she got in her CSA. This recreation of Clover's egg and eggplant sandwich looks relatively simple and tasty, and it'll use up some of the parsley I got.

Zucchini - I want these zucchini parmesan crisps (baked!) now, please.

No comments: