Tuesday, September 24, 2013

reusing greeting cards

I'm a hoarder. Everything that has even a smidgen of possibility that I might potentially maybe need it sometime in the future I will keep. Until I find myself out of storage room and then I do this whole big purge and spend the next month crying over all the things I had to throw away. It's a horrendous cycle. I'm pretty sure it's genetic. I didn't realize it until recently, but my mom is pretty much the same. Except for maybe the crying. I think that's just me.

Most things just sit there and collect dust. But then there are projects like this that validate my need to save absolutely everything. Such as used cards.




Well the generic cards I throw out, but sometimes there are cards that are just special.  Like these great thank you cards from Fab.com that come with each order. I've been saving them for a while now, but I haven't been able to do anything with them, because there's writing on the back.

see, I told you they were cute. the back, not so much.

But then one day I had an epiphany. Some paper, a sewing machine, and voila the cards are reusable once more. It turned out a bit rustic, partially because I'm really bad at sewing in a straight line, but I still think it's a great idea. And it definitely satisfies my hoarder tendencies!

ta da! a new set of thank-you cards


It seems like such a waste to just throw away cards, especially if they're really thoughtful or pretty. This is just one way to keep them in circulation for just a little longer.

No comments: