Monday, September 16, 2013

lighthouses

Number 9 on my 101 in 1001 list is to visit another three lighthouses.  For some reason, I think of lighthouses as an east coast thing, but the west coast definitely has some beautiful lighthouses too! My best friend Hannah and I had plans to go on this lighthouse road trip sometime during college, but never got around to it (although that seems to be the story of our friendship; we've got a google doc full of things we want to do but haven't.  instead we order takeout and watch stupid movies.) So now, it's on my list of things to do.

Fisgard Lighthouse

However, I did get the chance to visit two lighthouses while I was vacationing in the Pacific Northwest last summer with my family.  We stopped at the Fisgard Lighthouse in Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC, and the West Point Lighthouse in Discovery Park, Seattle, WA.  The Fisgard Lighthouse was restored inside, so you could go in and explore.  The West Point Lighthouse was being repainted when we were there, and I'm not sure the current state.  But neither are particularly out of the way of their respective city, so I would definitely recommend visiting both!

West Point Lighthouse

No comments: