Friday, September 27, 2013

sandwich series (part 2)

I came across this job the other day for a personal assistant to the two partners at a high-tech consulting firm in Boston. I immediately got images of "The Devil Wears Prada," but maybe with less devil and Prada. Dunno, I think it would have been an awesome job.

Psh, who decided that there needs to be previous experience for a job? It should be enough for me to say that I would be great at it. I'd also like a money tree, and world peace.

But given the unlikelihood of attaining any of those things, I return to food, which will always be there to give me comfort. Wow, that was a pretty bad segue. I'll work on it. For now, suffice it to say that I'm now out of sandwich bread so my sandwich series is at an end. And it had the gall to end on a prime number. The nerve.

Oh well. It was still delicious.

five: fried egg, white bean and basil salad, avocado, raw almond hummus

six: raw almond hummus, za'atar-roasted zucchini and green beans, shredded kale, sun-dried tomatoes. plus mama's tabbouleh 

seven: black bean spread, tomato, avocado, sautéed spicy peppers, fried egg, kale, cilantro