Thursday, June 30, 2016

CSA 2016 | Week 3

Recap of last week:
what's left: some radishes, green onions, garlic scapes, and LOTS of lettuce...
good things: I ate so much fried rice it was wonderful. I should eat rice more often
lessons learned: sometimes the best laid plans are derailed by being too lazy to go to the grocery store.

Here's what came in my box this week.


Broccoli - slaw all the way, because it didn't happen last week. (unless one of the other tasty smitten kitchen recipes tempts me instead)

Cilantro - this shrimp with chimichuri looks amazing for the long weekend. I want it now.

Napa cabbage - this is going in to a small batch of kimchi. I'll probably stick the kohlrabi in there, too.

Turnips - I remember these turnip burgers being good. I think it's time to try them again

Swiss chard - I'm craving vegetables, and these springs rolls look great, with some lettuce, sugar snap peas, and garlic scapes instead of ramps.

Zucchini - I only got a couple this week, so I'll leave the pickles and anything that calls for a couple pounds for later. Instead, I'm thinking these zucchini fritters (waffled!), or else these zucchini quinoa burgers if I'm feeling more ambitious.

I'm super excited about these plans, especially since I'm hoping they'll help use up some of the leftover veggies from last week. But then again, I'm super hungry right now and we all know hungry brains make crazy decisions.

No comments: